Sunday, November 6, 2011

Even in my dreams I write

Even in my dreams I write

Walking down my new street
with my parents
on our way to dinner

They are college age
and I the awkward third wheel

My father jokes and pushes my mom
Just a step out of her path
She flirts back and pushes him

The same situation plays out
They are now their true age
This time I watch my mother's eyes
as they fill with disdain
for this still young man
she builds her bottled-strength
hoping to hurt under the guise of a flirt

Even in my dreams I write
myself dying slowly on some solid ground
my conscious drifting inside of my mind
into my heart where it settles on a scene...

I am revived by a team of medics
as my friend squeezes my hand
and asks me what Death is like

I say:
But instead of a tiger dying inside of me
I saw a Silver elephant rejoicing

O how easily we crumble
Like the crumbs of a cracker!

The things I dream
and the things I've seen
to my Memory are the same

Who is truly to say
What is real...
or what we feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment